Skip to main content

Student Work Permits

Student Work Permits

If you are 14-17 years old, you will need a student work permit. Here are steps to follow:

  1. Obtain a copy of the “Application to Employ Minors Form” from or pick one up from an issuing office. (see list below)
  2. Give the form to your prospective employer to complete. After it’s filled out, have a parent or legal guardian sign the form.
  3. Take the completed form, along with proof of age, to the issuing office to apply for an employment certificate.
  4. Bring the original employment certificate to your new employer.

Issuing Offices and Officers:

  • Ouachita Parish High – Janice Ivey, Guidance Secretary
  • Richwood High – Shawanda Smith, Teacher
  • Sterlington High – Connie Kosik, Secretary
  • West Monroe High – Aletha Thompson, Secretary
  • West Ouachita High – Bobby Crockett, Teacher
  • Child Welfare & Attendance – Denise Scott, Administrative Assistant